- SMSF Personal Advice Solution
SMSF Personal Advice Solution
Are you an Accountant wanting to give advice on Self-Managed Superannuation Funds?
Under the FoFA* reforms the removal on 1 July 2016 of the accountants' exemption requires you to demonstrate that you have completed the necessary training and are authorised under an AFSL to give Personal Advice in relation to Self-Managed Superannuation Funds ('SMSF'). Pinnacle’s SMSF Personal Advice course is designed to provide you with the requisite training to meet ASIC RG146 minimum standards to provide Personal Advice on Superannuation and Self-Managed Superannuation Funds.
Online Multiple Choice Questions (80 questions over 10 chapters)
Assignment (Complete a Fact Find, a Statement of Advice from a case study and an FSG)Skills Assessment Interview
Comprehensive course notes
Workbooks online with answers for practising your skills and knowledge
Unlimited Education Support via email or phone from our team of assessorsStudent Support from enrolment to completion by our team of student advisors
|Study duration||6 months / 2 day workshop / 2 x 1.5 hour webinar sessions|
Assignments can take up to 21 days to assess;
Skills Assessments can take up to 14 days to arrange;
Issuing certificates/RG146 Compliance Letters can take up to 21 days.
|Payment options/ Fees1||
NTAA Member2: eLearning, $600/ workshop, $1500/ webinar, $950
Non-member: eLearning, $750/ workshop, $1700/ webinar, $1350
1for more information about payment options please refer to the Enrolment Form.
2 visit the NTAA website for more information on becoming a member.
3 printed materials are included in the workshop price and are an optional extra for eLearning.
* As part of the FOFA (Future of Financial Advice) reforms, accountants, as of 1 July 2016 now need to be authorised under an AFSL to provide advice on SMSFs. Under an AFSL, accountants can provide advice regarding SMSF set up, pensions, closures, rollovers, withdrawals and consolidation involving SMSFs and members’ other retail superannuation funds.
Areas covered by our SMSF program:
- ASIC knowledge and skills requirements
- Full understanding of SMSFs
- Contributions, transfers and taxation effects
- Income streams
- Trustee rules and responsibilities
- Investment rules and strategies
- Financial services legal and regulatory requirements
- Use of Fact Finders
- Creation of an effective Statement of Advice (SoA)
- Skills for providing advice on SMSFs
- RG146 requirements and compliance
Assessment only options are available for this course. Please refer to the brochure for more information or Contact Us.
This qualification will ensure that you meet all the necessary financial education standards for offering advice on SMSFs. Completion of this course will enable the student to apply for or be licensed under an Australian Financial Services License ('AFSL'), to then be able to provide SMSF advice.
SMSF Personal Advice Brochure