- ASIC Area of Learning - SMSF
ASIC Area of Learning - SMSF
For ultimate flexibility, choose the area of learning you want, when you want it
Through Regulatory Guide 146, ASIC has set minimum standards for the training of financial advisers.
In order to provide financial product advice* to retail clients there are minimum financial educational standards set down by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission’s (ASIC’s) Regulatory Guideline 146 (RG146) that you’ll need to comply with. If you provide financial advice to retail clients you MUST meet this standard. For more information about RG146 recognition requirements, visit ASIC's website.
An RG146 compliance course needs to cover the:
- Generic knowledge relevant to the products advised on and the markets in which they operate; and
- Specialist knowledge about the specific products advised on and the markets in which they operate.
General advice may be generic financial information or advice not specifically tailored for a particular client.
Personal advice takes a client’s objectives, financial situation and needs into account, and recommends appropriate strategies and financial products.
* Financial product advice is advice given on a class of financial product or specific product or policy.
|Study duration||4 months per module|
|Payment options/ Fees1||
NTAA member2, $450 per module
1for more information about payment options refer to the Enrolment Form.
2 visit the NTAA website for more information on becoming a member.
Pinnacle’s RG146 Compliance Solutions are designed to meet your specific needs to ensure you are compliant in the areas in which you are providing advice. You may choose to undertake as few or as many of the following programs as you require:
- Tier 2 Generic Knowledge, Basic Deposit and Non-Cash Payment Products
- Tier 1 Superannuation
- Tier 1 Self Managed Superannuation Funds
- Only complete study in the areas you and your business require.
- Compliance with ASIC's RG146 minimum education requirements for provision of General Advice in relation to retail financial products.
- Receive RG146 compliance quickly and efficiently.
Areas of Learning
Self-Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSF)
Self Managed Super Funds Brochure